Tuesday 4 July 2017

Gallery by Jean Tye

Jean did a great job in capturing all the wildlife on Skomer last Saturday including some great chough shots at Skomer Head.
"This was my third Workshop with Andy and what a fabulous day I had. The Dale Princess left at 8.30am and we didn’t return until 5.30pm, so a lovely long time on the island. The steps don’t get any easier to climb, but it is well worth it when you see the vista in front of you at the top.
You may be wondering why I keep going on these workshops? The answer is simple; Skomer is the absolute best classroom that anyone could ever wish to be in. Andy helps everyone with their camera settings and is a calming presence when you are getting in a pickle with the technical stuff. I am learning more as I go along and even if I ‘knew everything’ I would still go just for the peaceful setting and for the wealth of wildlife that can be seen, with the puffins being the stars of the show.
This year it was lovely to see the first puffling of the year emerging from his burrow, something that I will never forget.
A new added touch from Andy was short stops along the way giving the history of the island, its geology and lots of other useful information. The stops also helped those who were less able to keep up with a fairly fast walking pace to catch up and to give all of us a breather too! It was also nice to have our lunch break near the farm house to enable all to have a comfort break.
I have to say “Thanks Andy” for pointing us in the direction of The Green Bridge of Wales and Stack Rocks, both stunning geological features on the beautiful Pembrokeshire coast that we visited on the way home, putting our camera skills into use of course!
Almost certain to be back again next year."




No comments:

Post a Comment